Just a little pep talk

Posted in By Sarah 0 comments

A few months ago, I was feeling down because I had no real direction. Like I mentioned last week, I sometimes get upset about where I work and don't understand why I'm still there. I prayed about what I should do, where I should go, but wasn't getting an answer. One day after I had read Psalm 139 (which is a great chapter for lifting your spirits), the thought popped into my mind to read the last chapter in Job.

"Then Job replied to the Lord: 'I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked, "Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?" Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.
'You said, "Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me." My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.'" (Job 42:1-6)

It was a great reminder that God can do anything and that His purpose will be done, no matter what. The last part of the second verse, "Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know," really jumped out at me. I needed that reminder, and do constantly, that God's thoughts and ideas are above mine, are "too wonderful." I have an idea of how things should be, but if they're not ideas God gave me, they are ultimately no good.

God used everything that Job went through for His purpose and chose to give him back more than what he had lost. God uses what we go through for His glory. Like the chapter says, His purpose won't be thwarted, no matter what we do.