His hands...His feet

Posted in By brigitte 0 comments



After only ten years as a follower of Christ, I have come to know my Savior as a refuge. I pray you know that He is too. My God is unchanging. He is always abounding in love; He is safe. I expect these things from 
God each and every time I turn to him. He never lets me down.
  
Recently, some soul-shaking circumstances have come our way. The lives of my family have been turned upside down…so we have fallen to our knees in prayer and petition to our Lord and Savior. It is there before the Lord we have found rest, peace, mercy, comfort, relief, hope, and love.

What is really overwhelming my soul lately is the countless people who have displayed these very characteristics of God. Jesus people...loving us in unexpected, extraordinary, and practical ways. While we are sitting in the middle of a storm, our brothers and sisters are sitting in the boat riding it out with us.

God has sent his comfort and relief and love in the form of these beautiful people -- each one offering their unique God-characteristic to hold us up in our time of need. Some have fed our souls with scriptures. Some have physical fed us with home-cooked meals. Some have tended to our children or to an errand or chore. Some have sacrificed entire days to help us set-up and clean-up in preparation for the even more difficult days that lie ahead. Some have been a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen. Some have advised. All have prayed.

God’s love on full display in each and every person.

And it’s beautiful.

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

What is the law of Christ?

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  Matthew 22:37-40

Thank you, Jesus, for moving these souls towards compassion. Thank you, Lord, for being a safe refuge. We know trials will come in this life as they came in yours, Jesus. You overcame so that we could too.

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

The recent tragedies in Boston and West, Texas have left many hurting and in great need. I pray that your hearts will be moved to compassion. Church, be the hands and feet of Christ. Reach out to your local Red Cross to inquire how you may lessen the burden of another.