JOY

Posted in By brigitte 0 comments

It's 11:26pm Thursday evening. I am just now beginning my Friday post.

Oy.

I don't really know where to begin. Life has been so crazy lately. Satan is on full attack of my family and while most days we are held afloat by prayer and God's mercy...some days we're just bobbing for air. The beauty of it all is that the more crap satan throws at me and my family, the more drawn I am to my Savior. This wasn't always the case with me in the past...I've had my tantrums, my fits, my complete withdrawals and depressions. And by His grace, they have all prepared my heart for such a time as this (Esther).

Thank you, Jesus, that you never give up on me.


The Bible says that in this world we will have troubles. Yeah you right. You have probably seen troubles of your own...maybe you have some now. Yet even though we will live a life in this fallen world where we will experience loss, sickness, rejection, pain, heartache, and sorrow...Jesus offers joy.

What? Joy in my suffering? That's crazy talk.

It is...no doubt...crazy sauce. But my Jesus is a little crazy like that. He takes what you think you know and flips it on its head. I love that about Jesus.

My Jesus has joy.  In every tempting from satan, in every persecution, in every circumstance, Jesus persevered. Jesus, who for the joy of redeeming a lost people to the Father endured the cross (Hebrews 12:2).

And he graciously offers that same joy to us, his friends.

John 15:9-13 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

So on this busy, exhausting, worrisome, complicated day...I choose joy.

Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.