Choices

Posted in By Mike Johns 0 comments

Every single day we make many choices.
Some of them are good ones, some are bad ones, and some seemingly fall in the middle.  

I want to contend that there are no small choices.  The choices that we make today determine who we will be tomorrow.
I was playing yesterday at the park with my 5 year old daughter.  We were on the swings and she wanted an underdog... but she didn't want to swing too high.  I instructed her that the concept of the underdog is to swing her so high that I could run under her.  She declined... moments later, she jumped off the swing and headed away.  I stopped her and asked why she didn't want to swing anymore.  She says, "I just want to go slide, and I can do whatever I want."  Every day we make choices.  I grabbed her and corrected her.  We talked as best as you can with a preschooler about how the proper terminology is that she can do whatever God wants.  Every single day we make choices, do those choices reflect what God wants you to do?

In 1 Timothy 6:11, Paul urges his young disciple to flee the junk in life that can bog him down... and to pursue godliness, righteousness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness.  We can make choices that glorify God.  We can pursue Him.

Are you making choices today that fit into the list above?
Are you making choices that lead to life or death?