Drop it like it's HOT!

Posted in By Mike Johns 0 comments

I met an older man recently.   I would guess him in his late 60's or early 70's.  I met him because he was having computer issues.  When I asked him what was going on with his computer, he said "I have been on some dirty sites I probably shouldn't be on and got a virus."

As I dwelt on this reality, it brought home some real truth... If I don't make better choices and break some bad habits now, I could end up an old man who is struggling with the same sin that I have struggled with since I was a kid.

Sin is so enticing.  It draws us in, it also holds us there.  Sin always takes us farther than we want to go and keeps us longer than we want to stay.  Sin is hard to break.  BUT - the truth is ... that it will never be easier than TODAY to break the sin or the bad habit that holds you down. 

What is the sin that you need to break today?
What do you need to give up for the glory of God? 

One of the characteristics of the Christian life is the ability to turn away from certain appetites that do not glorify God and that are not beneficial for the soul.
That is beautiful truth.  The reality is:  What have you turned away from recently?

Drop it like it's hot... it will never be easier than today!