Feeling overlooked and not realizing that I was being looked after.

Posted in By Nick Smith 1 comments


Hello there friends this is Nick’s wife Sesha!  I’m filling in for Nick while he’s in intense flight instructor training this week!  Yahoo.

I thought I would take this time to speak about my single season before I met Nick.  I married Mr. Fantastico at age 31.  Depending on your age, some would say that was a bit older, and some say that your 30’s are good age to get married.  Whichever side you’re on, I on the other hand thought the Lord was taking his sweet time hooking us two up and couldn’t understand why the Lord was taking so long?!

I would like to tell you that my faith in the Lord’s provision of a godly mate was unwavering and strong…however that would be a big fat lie.  Anybody else out there doubt the Lord at times?  I sure did and still do on issues.  I cannot believe how many times I forget the Lord’s provision!  It’s really quite embarrassing.

Without going into too much detail, growing up I had a dad whom was toxic.  I observe less than stellar behavior and sadly thought that all guys (including God) acted in the same manner.  It was not until my late 20’s that I really started to let God unwind the damage that had been done and allow the Lord to give me a new future.

With God’s help and mentors; I was able to deconstruct the past; men that I was attracted to, relationships that didn’t work out, and relationships that never happened.  I was able to finally see that during these times of frustration, heartbreak and loneliness that the Lord was there.  He was there in those times of not being asked to dance, those times of being misled, those times of being the only girl not going out on dates.  The Lord was there. He was there letting me be looked over, so that he could look after me by giving me his best mate for me in his perfect timing!

I can wholeheartedly say, that the Lord’s plans are best!  I tried my hardest to fight it; there were other options through the years that I wanted, and I thought was best for me but I am thankful at my core that the Lord’s hand was on me holding me for Nick.  He is such an incredible man to be married to and to start a new life with!  I love him with everything that is in me!  But I wouldn’t have been able to love him the way I can now, if I hadn’t gone through the trials that I had.  Fact is, I don’t think that I would have been able to recognize his loving and complementing characteristics had I not experienced the journey that I did!

The Lord is faithful and does know what he is doing!