Trust In the Lord

Posted in By Cheryl Huston 0 comments

Good afternoon everyone!
One of my favorite church songs from my childhood says, 'I will trust in the Lord, I will trust in the Lord, I will trust in the Lord, til I die!' When the old saints of my church would lift their voices and sing that song, it felt like the whole church would move. When I was young, I liked the feeling that those songs would give me. It wasn't until I grewer older that I learned that those songs had powerful meaning in the words.

In the past two years, I have grown to truly understand what it means to trust in God. Not only to just trust Him, but to put ALL my trust in Him. As you all know, I have stated before that I am a worrier, I always like to know what is coming next. If I don't know, it weighs on my mind. I wonder how things are going to turn out. But, during this time of transition for me God has shown me where He has been taking care of me all of my life and I have nothing to worry about.

He says in His word, 'Cast all you cares upon me,' don't fret about anything. God has got it all under control. So, I am beginning to let go of my worries and let God carry my burdens. I must say, I am a much happier person because of it and I am enjoying that everlasting peace that only He can give.

Try giving it ALL to God. Everything! Anything you worry about, ask Him to take it and leave it with Him. I promise you, He will take care of it!!!

Have a very  blessed evening everybody!
Cheryl