Dad Knows The Way

Posted in By Mike Johns 0 comments

I remember a time when I wondered who was really in control. As a child, I recall summer vacations. The six of us would pack into our station wagon, or later our conversion van, and head south. We usually traveled to the boothills in Missouri and spent time at some interesting destination. Almost always, we traveled roads with hills - that were huge in the eyes of a 6 or 7 year old. I can remember holding my breath, eyes wide with fear. In my mind, I just knew that at the top of the hill, we would plunge into space and ultimately crash to earth. That would put an early end to a good vacation.

Experience soon taught me that I had no reason to fear. I wonder what my dad must have thought. To look in the rearview mirror and see my worried look and puffy eyes - I'm sure in the way dad's are wired, he just smiled. I learned this truth: Daddy was a good driver, and as long as he behind the wheel driving, I had nothing to worry about. I knew he was in control and I could relax and enjoy the trip.

A person who is Developing a Heart for God is one understands that He is in control. He knows the best way. He is in control. No matter how afraid we are, regardless of how circumstances appear, no matter how difficult things are... He will always bring us safely to the destination He has planned for us.