Finish what you st

Posted in By Brett T Kelley 0 comments

When I was in band/choir in middle school, we had what we called the "Cassady Rule." It was the director's name and the phrase referred to the time adjustment we had to make. If Cassady told us our parents needed to pick us up at 7, we would tell them 7:30. Most often we were the ones correct.

Perhaps you know of people that you automatically make a similar time adjustment for or have friends that put off stuff to the last minute and you have to deal with it. Not so much the time adjustment, but the putting off stuff is what I struggle with. A verse that comes to my mind every morning as I hit snooze for the 5th time is Proverbs 6:10-11: "A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man." I also think of the things I would like to read, write, or do and end up waiting so long that I can't possibly accomplish it. Can you relate?

There is much wisdom in Proverbs and elsewhere about this; it's called discipline and I'd like to talk about it...next week.

Brett