Why Not Me?

Posted in By Cheryl Huston 0 comments

Good morning everyone!
It is a wonderful day! Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that leave us asking 'Why not me?' This happens mostly when tragic events occur in our lives. Loss of a loved one, an accident or any number of problems can have us asking that question. Most people would ask 'Why me?', but when it is people we love and care about, we want to take their place. The one relationship where this feeling of care is greatest is that between a parent and a child. If your child is sick, you want to stop the pain. If your child is being picked on, you step in and speak on their behalf. You want your children to be safe and happy all the time.
That is how our Heavenly Father felt when He sent His only begotten Son to save us from ourselves. God saw the hurt and damage in our lives and He wanted to take our place. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit decided that someone had to step in and save mankind. I have to say thank You Father for taking my place, for saving my soul, and for loving me so much!
Have a very blessed day everybody!
Cheryl