Daily

Posted in By Cheryl Huston 0 comments

Good Saturday morning everyone!
It is the unofficial start of Summer this weekend, Memorial Day Weekend. A time that our country has set aside for us to honor thosed who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Well, I know a man who also paid that same sacrifice over two thousand years ago, but His story is somewhat different, He didn't stay dead. He arose from the grave and walked the Earth for forty days before He went back to Heaven. He died for ALL mankind, to save us from us!
He told us how we could live with Him in Heaven for eternity, He said to take up our cross daily and follow His lead.
For some reason I have been having trouble with the daily part of my Christian journey. Praying, reading the word, just living the life of a Christian has become an after thought. But, I have not become an after thought to God. So, as I sat in church on Sunday, the word daily hit me and God revealed to me that I wasn't walking with Him daily. We must take up our cross DAILY and walk with the Lord! Every moment we must have Him in mind, in everything we do we must be thinking of Him!
Pray without ceasing, read His Word daily, always be ready to give your testimony and share the Good News with someone who is seeking their own daily walk.
Have a very blessed weekend everybody! Remember those loved ones who have gone on to glory and praise the One who made our lives possible!
Cheryl