God will make a way. No, really, He will.

Posted in By Hannah 1 comments

I heard a story once about an elderly lady who was well-known for her boldness in faith. She loved to give glory to the Lord and felt everyday was a day meant to praise Him. She would, daily, stand on her front porch and shout to the busy morning traffic, "PRAISE THE LORD!"

Her next door neighbor was a young atheist who was annoyed with what her faith. Sometimes after her proclamations of joy, he would shout jeers like, "There ain't no Lord!!"

As the economy changed and even harder times set in on the elderly lady, her boldness did not wavier. One morning, in faith, she cried out, "PRAISE THE LORD. GOD I NEED FOOD! I TRUST IN YOU TO PROVIDE! SEND ME SOME GROCERIES!"

The next morning the lady went out on her porch, saw a large bag of groceries and shouted, "PRAISE THE LORD!"

The neighbor jumped from behind a bush and said, "Aha! I told you there was no Lord. I bought those groceries. God didn't."

The lady began to cry and then her tears turned into rejoicing. She started jumping up and down, clapping her hands and shouting, "PRAISE THE LORD. He not only provided me groceries, but He made the devil pay for them. Praise the Lord!"

In the 90's our church used to sing this song about "God making a way, when there seems to be no way." In the past few months God has been showing me that He can use anything and will use anything to show His children, "I got this, Trust me."

My husband and I have been wanting to buy a home for the past several years, but our credit, although is steadily improving, is still at a point that lenders won't touch us. It's been a long, humbling road, but we were on our way to owning our dream home ... and then our friends, who incidentally owned our dream home, were going through their own trials, having to move across the country and desperately needed to sell their awesome home. My husband and I wanted to snag that house ASAP, but our credit was a no go. Not even that, we weren't planning to have an opportunity like this, so we have no money down and no savings to speak of. It was a no all the way around.

But then this is where God makes a way. Our friends worked out a lovely lease-to-own contract and all they needed was a deposit. Doug, my husband, and I had no idea where that money was going to come from, but like always, God makes a way. Two days before Doug's paycheck was deposited we were able to look at the amount - It was almost exactly what we needed for a deposit. 

God makes a way. 

So, we're moving! And moving sucks, but I am excited to watch God provide. I'm not worried if He will, I know He will and I am thrilled to wait for Him and watch as He makes a way, where there seems to be no way.

Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

And that's faith. Trusting that God will provide and choosing to live rejoicing of His provision instead of panicking about our circumstances.

Hebrews 11:1 proclaims, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

God will make a way, even when you don't see how. He provides by using the things you wouldn't expect and works beyond your understanding. 

Remember, Proverbs 3:5-6? "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

You can't possibly understand how God orchestrates or works, so stop trying to figure it out and just trust Him.

That's living in faith, friends. It's not easy. It's a practice you have to work at, but it's about time we all start practicing what we preach.
My daughter thought this picture was pretty major, so it's here it is. Look at the way God provided.