Launched from a Catapult!

Posted in By Hannah 0 comments

In the 90s Kevin Costner classic, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, there is a scene where the hero is about to make his grand gesture: he's sitting in a catapult about to be launched up in the air, over a wall and into the unknown for the woman he loves.

It's pretty precious, and right before he flies from the contraption, his friend ask if she's worth it?

Last week I told you about how God is working and moving our family into a new home. Yes, well, it's been a crazy week. Basically, when we went to turn on the utilities in our name for the new home, the city said that the gas pipes and the entire furnace of the house are a no go. After three companies gave their bids, we could be facing $30,000 in bills before we even are able to buy the home.

Jeepers creepers.

The tiny, slightly reasonable adult in me is looking at the situation and saying, "Nope."There is no way I can commit to a house that is already racking up nearly half of its listing price, and yet, that still quiet voice is saying, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings. In all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Azeem: Is she worth it?

At this point I feel I am in a catapult. I am about to launch into scary unknown territory, and although I am well, a little terrified, I know this is something our family has to do. This is where God leading our family. We don't understand all that's happening and we are not sure what will happen from here, but I have a peace that passes understanding and I know I am supposed to make this move.

My dad says it best, "You want to be a part of the Lord's army? This is boot camp. Shut up and do what you're told."

Believers, I am stepping out in faith, doing what I believe I am being told to do. And maybe it's time we all do that. Step out. Get real. Admit you're scared and proceed with boldness, sugar. Life is about to get real scary, but that's okay. Why? Because as my grandpa used to cheerfully proclaim in what we called lyrical Tourettes, "My God is so great. So strong and so mighty. There's nothing that He cannot do for you."

So here it is: Doug and I are moving into the unknown and going, boldly, because we know God is leading us there. We sing out in church, "Where you lead us, we will follow" and now I am putting that faith into action. And friends, sometimes following the Lord is going to make you look like a lunatic. Can you imagine what a loon old Noah looked like? Or Moses? Uh, or Abraham? Jeepers. Faith makes you look crazy, ya'll. That's going to happen. The question is, even when facing something unknown are you going to live by faith? Will you follow? Is God worth that?

The catapult is set. We are flying into the unknown and we know this is the step we must take. Following God, believing in Him, it is worth it. And we couldn't be more excited.

Is God leading you into the unknown? Are you willing to follow where He leads?