God's Calling

Posted in By Mike Johns 0 comments

In our time last night with our students, we discussed potential direction and what they wanted to study in the coming weeks. Honestly, I have been praying through about 10 different topics and could not really sense a clear direction. I narrowed it down to 4 and of those 4, 2 were really at the top of the list for myself.

Our students decided on taking a look at God's Calling in Life. I have mapped out the sessions, and we will be looking at spiritual gifts, God's call to salvation, holiness, service, missions, ministry, and whatever else God throws on my heart.

I am excited about where it will go and how God will use our times together to make His call known in life. I am very passionate about ALL followers of Jesus being in ministry. When God calls you to follow Him, He calls you to ministry. Whether you are a computer nerd, a doctor, or a trash man... you are in ministry - your "circles of influence" are unique and are set by God for you to do ministry.

So, this is where participation comes into this discussion...
What is your calling?
How were you called to that?
How has God placed you in a unique place to minister?
What way can you better utilize your platform to glorify God?
What vision do you have of future ministry? What is your God-dream?