Two Paths

Posted in By Hammer on Anvil 0 comments

This week's guest blogger is Melissa Watson of Higginsville, MO.  Melissa is sharing a poem she has written.  Thanks Melissa!

Before me are two paths
One welcoming and bright
The other dark and thrilling
I choose the path I know is not right
At first it is exciting
And I don’t hear his voice fade away
Or notice that everything familiar has changed
I’m propelled into a world of darkness
And his lies start to sting my ears
My breath catches in terror
And I can feel my expression contort in fear
As the shadows grow longer and deeper
I realize this isn’t fun
I reach out for someone to help me
But I know only one truly can
I call out his name in desperation
And I hide my face in my hands
He pulls me to him
But something else has a grasp on me for reasons I don’t understand
Finally he breaks me free
From this path with no light
I cling to him as he sets me the path I know is right
I vow to never let go of his hand again
But I already know that I will
And that this is a fight I must fight everyday for the rest of my life