30 Minutes or less or it's free

Posted in By Red Beard 0 comments

So I figured the other day that a good 75-80% of my diet consists entirely of pizza. Mainly store bought or delivery so not even like the good home made kind. I actually like a very wide variety of food, but sometimes due to time or ease of preparation I just fall back to my default. I wonder if this could be compared to how we sometimes feed our Spirit man. Early in our Christianity we find a particular groove or maybe some certain verses and we stay pretty much isolated to those few things. Granted they're quite good and nothing goes down as smooth as another slice of familiarity. I can imagine Christ saying, "hey, yeah that cold slice is good, but really? Come on really that's all you ever want to know about me? Don't you want to get to the ethnic food section of Christianity and find something you've never had before?" Do we do that? Do I do that? Simply find what's easy and what's convenient and reheat, reorder, regurgitate those toppings till we die? Christ came that we may have life and have it abundantly. That we could discover new passages and aspects of God just as we might discover a love for sushi or french pastries. We might even discover more than we'd bargained for as sometimes people do when they first try delicious Indian food. Christ please overwhelm me with the sites, sounds and tastes of you that I've yet to encounter. Broaden my desire for your every word and take me down roads to discover you new and amazing every day.
...and if you could place some sweet and some spice just for me.

p.s. The food analogy is loose at best, don't try to make much more sense out of such a silly idea.