The Reason Is You

Posted in By Misti Runyan 0 comments

The last two weeks, we’ve been talking about the coming of Christ. The Advent season is near, and the weeks leading up to Christmas can go by so fast for us living on Earth. More than anything, I wanted to slow down this time and savor it for what it is in the midst of what it's not. Week one discussed the many miracles God displayed to bring about the birth of Jesus. On week two, we talked about the relationship God wants to have with us through Christ. This week, we’re going to talk about why God would go to such lengths for us.

The simple answer, in one word, is love. God loves us so much He doesn’t want to live without us. No matter what we’ve done, no matter how far we have walked away from our relationship with our Heavenly Father, he wants to see us restored to Him.

That simple concept is not the whole story, though. The disadvantage to this is that we have to dig into God’s Word to find the complete truth. The beautiful advantage is that when we explore it, we can’t deny how uncomprehendingly special God has made us.

In Jeremiah 1:5, God tells the prophet, “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” David understood the central role that God played in his life: “You made my whole being; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.” Psalm 139: 13-14

We are chosen by the Creator of the Universe to be His children. He lavishes His love on us, and will guide our every step. He gives us the Holy Spirit to live within us, to give us power to live a free, abundant life. Psalm 139:8-10“If I go up to the Heavens, you are there. If I lie down in the grave, you are there. If I rise with the sun in the east, and settle with the sun in the west beyond the sea, even there you would guide me. With your right hand, you would hold me.” He will never leave us, and He has made us holy through Christ who died for us.

The birth of Christ was the single most important event in the history of mankind. Everything that happened before and all that came after was divinely ordered. That includes you: whether you were born into riches or poverty, planned by your parents or conceived unknowingly, God planned you. Whether your childhood was happy or troubled, no matter if you chose the wrong road, God has a plan for the rest of your life as well. Accept Christ’s gift of life this Christmas, and begin experiencing the peace that surpasses understanding.