Hope Overcomes Shame

Posted in By Mike Johns 0 comments

I struggled a little bit yesterday with what to post, and I often deal with questions like: What do I have to add to the conversation? Anyhow, my struggle ended with "I'll figure it out tomorrow!"

So I was browsing my twitter feed and a friend wrote this: "In Christ, your past no longer defines your future."

I think we can all relate to that statement. I think that each and every person has a history and items in the past to deal with that do not easily go away. It's a dichotomy of sorts in that as we grow closer to Christ we can feel worse about our past - yet, growth in Christ is the only way to beat our past.

I am studying through Hebrews this summer and I read at the end of chapter 5 this morning. It spoke of growth and being spiritual infants and such - "We need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child."

I want to use this space today to encourage you to GROW! Take the spiritual milk, but crave the spiritual meat. The way to get past the guilt and shame of your past is through increasing your walk with Jesus.

So today - make time - cultivate your heart - connect with Him - GROW.

Stop stumbling over the past and leap toward the future!