La Palabra

Posted in By Red Beard 1 comments

Often I feel so overexposed to religion and church that the truth and excitement of the Bible dies before it makes it off the page. I fully believe and know that the Bible is the inspired word of God, but have I really lived as if that were the truth? Where is my zeal for pouring over the Word and for working out my beliefs and faith through close examination and testing of the Word? When I read the Word of God am I doing so with ferver? Am I doing so because I'm operating under the knowledge that it leads me to know God more and helps me to draw nearer to him? Or is this a check mark? Just one more Christian duty.
Hebrews 4:12 - For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power, sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of the soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.-

If His word is alive why don't my actions reflect that? Have I looked to Christ and have I made way for the Spirit to enter in? Reading about Christ is fine, but experiencing the fullness of the Spirit which he sent to us ought to be our goal. Fortunate are we that he is not here so that His Spirit could come.
John 16:7-12ish - However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is good for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the advocate/counselor/helper/strengthener will not come to you; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you]. And when He comes, He will convict and convince the world and bring demonstration to it about sin and about righteousness and about judgment. ... But when He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all the Truth. For He will not speak His own message; but He will tell whatever He hears, and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come. He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of what is Mine and will reveal it to you.-

The promise of the giving of the Holy Spirit for God's glory is astounding and radically opposed to the self focused priorities of this world. May it be said of us as Christians that we truly walk in the Spirit always remembering our great and privileged commission to be made alive in Christ. That we are so alive that the dead bones around us come back to life and are made whole again.
Galations 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.