Skipping Stone

Posted in By Nick Smith 0 comments

Hi all! Just a quick note from me this week and next (I got married on Saturday!). This week, I just want to share with you a very short story that was written by a high school senior. It's called "Skipping Stone."

One day, I was throwing stones into the lake. I marveled at the ripples and thought about how the stone mirrored life. Then, the Lord came to me. “Lord, I am like this stone,” I said, tossing another stone into the lake. “You have cast me into the world where Your love resonates outward.” With that, He smiled and picked up His own stone. In one swift motion, He sent it gliding towards the lake, where it gracefully skipped across the water. I watched as several sets of ripples appeared, each with its own unique pattern. Then, He turned to me and said, “Be like the skipping stone. Go from place to place and follow my will. For foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the son of man has no place to lay his head. Follow me and I will lead you home.

Matthew 8:20
Matthew 9:9