Home Training

Posted in By Cheryl Huston 0 comments

Hello Everyone!
Good evening, I pray that everyone is having a great weekend.
In His word, God say to train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. This is very true. As a teacher, I know that most learning goes on during the first five years of life. The school years just add on to what we already know.
As parents and care givers to young ones, our job is to teach them the things that they will need to know to make their lives more abundant. Being Christians, that teaching should be all about building a personal relationship with the Heavenly Father. Excepting Jesus as their personal Savior. The key word is 'personal', no one else can take your place in Heaven or Hell, it is all on you. That is why we must start young and instill God into our children's lives. My parents made sure that my sisters and I went to Sunday School and church every Sunday. I have spent all but about five New Year's Eves in church praying. I watched my parents face some of the toughest situations of their lives by praying and reading the Word. So, it is no surprise to me that throughout college and into my adult life I have not strayed very far from my relationship with God and His Son. It is not where it should be, but everyday that God wakes me up, I thank him for it and the home training that Bea and Russ gave me.
Have a very blessed night everybody!
Cheryl