Today, a Savior is given

Posted in By Misti Runyan 0 comments

I am not a fan of reality TV. I don't want to hear the stories of gold diggers in Alaska, or Duck Dynasties (whatever that is!), or anybody who lives in New Jersey (no offense, Jersey...just not my thing). When it comes to my relationship with God, however, the more real the better.

I want to understand the mindset of God's people from Bible times. I feel closer to Adam, David and Paul when I put myself in their very real shoes. At Christmas, my desire for reality is stronger than any time of the year. For me, watching The Nativity Story and reading about Jesus birth are as much a holiday tradition as family gatherings and decorating the Christmas tree.

Because music is such a huge part of my life, songs bring pictures to my mind. This one, in particular, touches me with the majesty of Jesus. It fits in perfectly, in my opinion, with the words the angel spoke to the shepherds: "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." -Luke 2:10-11 I hope you enjoy, and this music fills you, as it does me, with the beauty of what God has given us.