Soup or Salad

Posted in By Brett T Kelley 1 comments

Last week's post contained Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken." I asked a coworker what came to her mind with the poem. Her answer was 'choices' and I agree. I think about the poem most often when I am faced with a decision. Unfortunately, it is rare that it is a simple and clear choice between two paths.


I've been playing "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" on my XBox and just recently finished the main storyline. The open world allows you to travel at will and complete quests as and when you please. What I like about the main storyline is that it is clear what you must do next, you really just play along. Here's the trouble I have in my own life, making those decisions.

Sure, I struggle with the everyday decisions of what am I going to eat for dinner? It's 8:00 right now and I haven't decided yet. But the bigger decisions, ones that are not the choice between this and that (further education, dating/marriage, career, etc.), I struggle with.

So, how do you cope with these decisions?