Your Time is Now

Posted in By Hammer on Anvil 0 comments

For this week's guest post, we have a second poem by Melissa Watson of Higginsville, MO. Thanks Melissa!

My heart is beating like a drum
As I sit here in my hard backed pew
I can feel my preacher’s eyes on me
Burning my skin like the flames of a fire
I’m a villein I think to myself
You can’t do it my yourself he yells
And I almost cry out “but who will help”
His voice turns to a whisper, soft as a petal falling to the ground
My heart, now an antelope, leaping with new found hope
There is someone who loves you more than you can know
I feel the goose bumps raise like a sudden storm
Now I feel Jesus knocking on my heart as if it was a door
I hold the waterfall of tears in my eyes
I bow my head low and move my lips silently
The joy erupts like a firecracker and a smile spreads across my face
One single tear slowly rolls down my check like a snail
I look up at my preacher my eyes a pool of water in the sun
He nods knowingly and smiles
He turns to the others, a fresh runner, renewed by my new faith
Your time is now, he says, don’t let it slip away
My time is now I repeat to myself
Vowing to never let this memory fade